Pages

Monday 30 August 2010

For years, I have wanted to lose weight and get fitter (I know there will be those of you who say ‘it’s easy - you just eat less and exercise more’). But I can assure you it might look that easy on paper, but you have missed out one important differential – we are human beings and therefore not one of us are the same. We all carry our own personal baggage and have our own beliefs and values and mine do not seem to fit with being slim and healthy no matter what I try.

This time however is different – I am throwing everything at it and some of the therapists at Fine Fettle are helping me. I am receiving osteopathy from Helen Bullen and I have spoken to Helen Williams, our nutritionist. I am receiving acupuncture from Gordana Petrovic and Pilates 1-1 from Lizzie Richardson, and lastly, but certainly not least, hypnotherapy from Brett Harris. So this time it has to work – but just in case I am tempted to give up I am posting this on the blog and will update those of you that are interested regularly. Be warned, I have a lot to lose so this could be a serial blog!

Oh, I forgot to say Helen B and Brett are taking it in turns to ensure I walk every lunchtime I am here. We usually walk between 1pm and 1.45pm so if anyone fancies a walk (gentle for some but exhausting for people like me) why not give us a ring and join us! It could be a one-off or more regular; whatever suits you. We would just ask that you check with your GP that you are ok for walking first.

For those of you that are interested I will blog again soon.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck :o) Will follow your progress with interest.
    Nicky
    Run to Live

    ReplyDelete