Pages

Saturday 27 October 2012

2nd Place....How to appreciate your achievements!!

Last weekend was a tense weekend for Fine Fettle MHC and for myself and my Practice Manager Debbie as we fought for two places in the top 3 in the UK and in Guernsey.

Fine Fettle Multi-healthcare, as you can read in my last blog, were amazingly short listed to the final three in the CAM UK clinic of the year competition.  The awards took place last Sunday.  Meanwhile myself and Debbie Frost (my Practice Manager, former team mate and England International) were away in Guernsey playing in the Guernsey Volleyball Open.

For those that don't know myself or Debbie I need to explain that we both used to play top level volleyball in the UK playing Division 1 (top division)  for Ashcombe, Dorking for many years.  Debbie is also an ex England player who has many caps and is listed in the volleyball hall of fame for her contribution to England Volleyball.  What I do have to add is that we are both now retired from top level volleyball, in fact neither of us have played properly for years.

Well we travelled out to Guernsey to meet out former team mates for a fun tournament with no pressure on winning games as only three out of the 9 of our team had played in the last year.  Well despite all the odds and after a shaky start we actually found out that we still have some of what it takes and by the semi finals we blew the opposition away.  The finals loomed but despite a great performance, considering our lack of any match play, we lost but it was a well fought game and we were ecstatic  to have got so far.  A money prize and trophies were gratefully received.

Meanwhile, Eddie my partner had travelled to Earls Court for the presentation of  the clinic awards and again we just lost in the final.  I have to admit I was gutted to come a runner up but as this week has passed I have realised what an achievement it was to be runner up in the UK clinic awards.  An amazing achievement as we have only been open 2 1/2 years. To be the 2nd best clinic in the country really isn't that bad!!

So coming second twice was actually amazing and I need to appreciate what we have done.  Initially, being so competitive I was down that we had not won either but after some reflection and hearing the congratulations from our patients and friends I have realised that 2nd isn't that bad..............

If you have not visited us yet at Fine Fettle then do pop in to see us.  We are a friendly bunch and love meeting new people and telling them what we do. We also have our trophy and certificate up in reception!!

Regards

Chief runner up.......Helen Bullen - Fine Fettle Multi-healthcare!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment